Sources of Digestive Disruption
- Stress. Dogs and cats can experience GI issues as a result of stress-related anxiety. These can include visits to the vet, separation anxiety, moving to a new home, construction projects, or welcoming a new baby or pet.
- Inappropriate consumption. Human food, garbage, toys, as well as other items, can have negative effects on your pet’s digestive system. In some cases, these can cause serious health issues.
- Changes in diet. A sudden introduction of a new food to your pet can cause an upset stomach.
- Bacterial, viral and intestinal parasites. Places like the park or your favorite neighborhood walking path are often contaminated with intestinal parasites. Bacteria, such as E. Coli and Salmonella, can be contracted through affected food sources.
- Chronic illness. Dogs and cats suffering from chronic diseases may vomit and/or show changes in stool consistency and volume. Visit your veterinarian for additional diagnostics needed to confirm the actual illness.